What is Zoloft and what is it used for?
Zoloft contains the active substance sertraline. Sertraline is a medicine in the group of so-called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors; these drugs are used to treat depression and / or anxiety disorders.
Zoloft can be used to treat:
• Depression and prevention of recurrence of depression (in adults).
• Social anxiety disorder (in adults).
• Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) (in adults).
• Panic disorder (in adults).
• Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) (in adults, children and adolescents 6-17 years of age)
Depression is a clinical disease with symptoms, such as feeling sad, unable to sleep well or enjoying life as usual.
OCD and panic disorders are anxiety-related illnesses with symptoms, such as being constantly harassed by constant (obsessive) thoughts that force you to perform repetitive rituals (obsessive impulses).
PTSD is a condition that can occur after a very emotional traumatic experience and has some symptoms that resemble depression and anxiety. Social anxiety disorder (social phobia) is a disease associated with anxiety. It is characterized by a sense of anxiety or a sense of distress in social situations (for example: talking to strangers, talking to a group of people, eating or drinking in front of other people, or worrying about being uncomfortable). Your doctor has determined that this medicine is good for treating your condition. You should ask your doctor if you are not sure why you were given Zoloft.
What Zoloft contains:
– The active substance is sertraline hydrochloride equivalent to 50 mg of sertraline.
– The other ingredients are: calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate (E341), microcrystalline cellulose (E460), hydroxypropyl cellulose (E463), sodium starch glycolate (type A), magnesium stearate (E572), hypromellose 2910 / 3c10 (54P) (E464), E464), titanium dioxide (E171), macrogol 400 (E1521), macrogol 6000 (E1521) and polysorbate 80 (E433).
What Zoloft looks like and contents of the pack
Zoloft 50 mg film-coated tablets are white, capsule-shaped (10.3 x 4.2 mm), with a bar and ‘ZLT 50 * on one side and’ PFIZER * on the other. The tablet can be divided into two equal doses.
Zoloft tablets are available in blisters of 10, 14, 15, 20, 28, 30, 50, 56, 60, 84,98,100,200, 294, 300 or 500 tablets.
Not all pack sizes may be marketed.
Marketing Authorization Holder and Manufacturer
Marketing Authorization Holder:
PFIZER EUROPE MA EEIG Ramsgate Road Sandwich, Kent CT13 9NJ
Haupt Pharma Latina S.r.I.
S.S. 156 Km 47,600
04100 Borgo San Michele, Latina